Friday, January 15, 2010

I Think I Shall Never See...

I wrote this in May of 2009 when the trees were green and the breezes warm:

The poet said,

“I think that I shall never see

a poem so lovely as a tree

For poems are made by fools like me

But only God can make a tree.”

I thought that strange and prob’ly wrong

Raised in town , I wasn’t strong

On Maples or on Chestnut trees.

But poems I knew and I could breeze

From A.A.Milne through Chaucer’s best

But now I’m old, and trees it seems

Have changed a lot (Or maybe not)

And this I know, there’s a promise here

That year by year the Winter’s sere

Turns with help to summer’s Green

And we’re no less than all those trees

So maybe there is hope for us

That you and I will green again

A second coming, as it were,

For each and every one of us.

No comments: